Making business collaborations work
My name is Peter Simoons, I am an Alliances and Partnerships specialist. I help people and companies around the world to deliver stellar results through their alliances and partnerships. I believe that the future of business is in collaboration. Working together with other organisations in strategic alliances and partnerships is the best way to develop synergy and create speed. In doing so, it enables the type of growth that can’t be grown by one company working alone. It also grows one’s own capabilities.
A Pragmatic and Intuitive Style
My style is pragmatic and intuitive at the same time. I like to keep work practical, so I help you to find solutions that are easily implemented into your own work – leading to fast results.
I’ve had a three-decade long career and during that time, I’ve held managerial roles with various Blue Chip companies. In 2001, I turned my focus towards alliances and took on the role of Global Client Executive Healthcare with IBM. Then, I moved into an Alliance Executive position where I was responsible for developing and managing global alliances with Royal Philips and NXP Semiconductors.
In 2010 I became an Independent Alliances & Partnerships Specialist and I am still doing that today. It is my passion. My work includes one on one alliance coaching and mentoring, and teaching alliance Masterclasses. I also perform alliance health checks and analysis, to help improve alliance performance or to blend cross-organizational alliance teams.
My clients include well-known international organizations. Here are a few of the names that I work with:
- Airbus Defence & Space (airbus.com)
- DSM (dsm.com)
- Reckitt Benckiser (rb.com)
- MedinCell (medincell.com)
- Chemelot InSciTe (chemelot-inscite.com)
- Royal Philips (Philips.com)
- Micro Focus (microfocus.com)
- World Waternet (wereldwaternet.nl)
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (jazzpharma.com)
- MANN+HUMMEL Group (mann-hummel.com)
- Siemens Building Technologies (new.siemens.com)
- DSM-Niaga (dsm-niaga.com)
- Maastricht University (maastrichtuniversity.nl)
Working with Me
Within the collaborative business spectrum I have been a coach, trainer and sparring partner focusing on the following types of projects:
- Setting up corporate alliance offices
- Growing and enhancing collaborative leadership skills
- Acting as a non-judgmental yet constructive “critical” sounding board and mentor to heads of alliances
- Turning around failing and failed alliances
- Educating people and teams in the art and science of successful strategic alliances and partnerships
- Performing alliance health checks and analysis
- Coaching joint venture teams and boards
- Coaching to explore next steps in alliance careers
- Reuniting poorly functioning alliance teams
Fancy a Coffee?
Would you like to find out how I can help you to vastly improve and boost your results with your alliances and partnerships? Let’s schedule a free, virtual coffee! petersimoons.com/virtual-coffee
Now for Something Personal
This is me, on the Camino, near the Pilgrim Monument on the Alto del Perdon.
In 2013, I walked the Camino to Santiago de Compostela for the first time! This pilgrimage brought me a life-changing experience (along with many interesting stories), which often come back to me as anecdotes during my daily work. I loved my experience so much that I spend a few weeks on the Camino every year.
I am also the proud father of four now adults and live with my wife in the countryside in the Netherlands. Here we are in the middle of our home improvement project on our farm house. As an avid photographer I enjoy capturing stunning views and as amazing moments as I can.
See what my clients say about working with me:
- Peter helped us to re-focus on the most important drivers for success in our alliances. With his structured approach and year-long experience, he was able to instill passion and clear direction.Tobias NittelSAS InstituteAlliance Director
- Andi GardnerBiogenDirector, Alliance Management & Integration
Peter is gifted with the ability to coach executives so they can take their leadership skills to the next level. He creates a safe environment where one can openly discuss situations in which even the most experienced leader can benefit from his advice. His ability to make a given individual understand and execute on his or her opportunities to become a better leader has enabled me to perform my best and, most importantly, to guide my team through change and uncertainty.
- Jorge FernandesInnovation Executive and Strategic Advisor
Peter is an excellent strategic alliances and personal coach. His sharp observations, and thought provoking questions, helped me in defining a purpose-driven approach to my (professional) life.
- Janice Babia-RamosJohnson and JohnsonGlobal Marketing Director
Peter is the coach and mentor you want by your side during those “headwind” situations, when progress seems difficult, as well as “tailwind” situations when the wind is at your back and there’s a need to sustain focus during fast paced growth.
- Helen MartinMedinCellStrategic Alliances Manager
Peter is extremely flexible in his approach, allowing me to guide the content and structure of the sessions, but always ensuring that he fully understands the challenges being faced. He offers sound advice and often draws on his own experiences, which adds a very useful dimension to ideation and problem solving.
- Stéphane LucchiniMedinCellBusiness Development and Alliance Management Director
Peter is a fantastic mentor and a real alliance expert. He is very experienced and knowledgeable in this industry and gave me (us) a lot of valuable advice. His input was invaluable for the improved effectiveness of our strategic partnership programmes.