A Guide to Increased Alliance Results
One of the services that we offer is our In-Company Alliance Masterclass. This Masterclass focuses on learning to apply the skills and tools that will help you to create and manage healthy alliances and partnerships, with increased results. This is a highly effective way of forging and motivating alliance partnerships.
In-company Alliance Masterclass
The Masterclass is a thorough session that spends time reviewing concepts and models related to alliance management. It also spends time discussing cross-industry case scenarios.
The aim is to keep the Masterclass as practical as possible. This way the learnings can be applied to the participant’s work almost immediately. We also aim to integrate discussion of the participant’s alliances, wherever possible.
Interactive and problem solving
We designed this Masterclass as an interactive format, so that participants apply best practices and principles to alliance management situations. That way they choose the best course of action when solving a difficult situation.
Its focus is very much on team problem solving, within the context of case study scenarios, stimulating the situations that alliance managers face every day and challenging participants to apply their knowledge to those situations.
An Outline of an In-Company Alliance Masterclass
Throughout the day, we will discuss tools, best practices, culture and behaviour (the latter being the so-called “soft elements” of alliances). This will enable your team to apply their learnings directly to their work in managing partners for immediate improvement in alliance performance.
Additionally, the class delivers the following:
- Promotes experiential learning by focusing on the application of skills and knowledge in case scenario class exercises
- Provides a common vocabulary and glossary of terms as commonly used in the profession
- Integrates your experience into the course through discussion and application of Masterclass learnings
This outline covers the full alliance lifecycle. It allows ample room for extensive discussion to delve deeper into the topics that are relevant to the participants.
- Scenarios – We built the course around experiential scenario learning. We will review concepts and tools. Much of the learning comes from interaction with your teammates in solving issues presented in these scenarios. Scenarios represent multiple industry examples, but the learnings can be applied across all industries and alliance types.
- Worksheets and Templates – Many tools are provided within the context of the Masterclass’ materials.
Who is the In-Company Alliance Masterclass Designed For?
This In-Company Alliance Masterclass is especially designed for alliance and business managers who are involved in the decision making process of forming and managing alliances.
Previous Masterclass Participants
The managerial levels of previous Masterclass participants include*:
- Directors and VP’s of alliances
- General Managers
- Operations Managers
- Alliance Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Business Owners
*not limited to.
The Alliance Masterclass is based on the skills and competencies that the Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP) has found critical to the success of collaborative business relationships. The intent of this particular Masterclass is to develop the skills of the participating business professionals and to help them become better alliance professionals.
Find out more about the Alliance Masterclass
For more information, schedule time with Peter to discuss how we can tailor an Alliance Masterclass for your company.
- Peter is gifted with the ability to coach executives so they can take their leadership skills to the next level. He creates a safe environment where one can openly discuss situations in which even the most experienced leader can benefit from his advice. His ability to make a given individual understand and execute on his or her opportunities to become a better leader has enabled me to perform my best and, most importantly, to guide my team through change and uncertainty.Andi GardnerBiogenDirector, Alliance Management & Integration
- Jorge FernandesInnovation Executive and Strategic Advisor
Peter is an excellent strategic alliances and personal coach. His sharp observations, and thought provoking questions, helped me in defining a purpose-driven approach to my (professional) life.
- Janice Babia-RamosJohnson and JohnsonGlobal Marketing Director
Peter is the coach and mentor you want by your side during those “headwind” situations, when progress seems difficult, as well as “tailwind” situations when the wind is at your back and there’s a need to sustain focus during fast paced growth.
- Helen MartinMedinCellStrategic Alliances Manager
Peter is extremely flexible in his approach, allowing me to guide the content and structure of the sessions, but always ensuring that he fully understands the challenges being faced. He offers sound advice and often draws on his own experiences, which adds a very useful dimension to ideation and problem solving.
- Stéphane LucchiniMedinCellBusiness Development and Alliance Management Director
Peter is a fantastic mentor and a real alliance expert. He is very experienced and knowledgeable in this industry and gave me (us) a lot of valuable advice. His input was invaluable for the improved effectiveness of our strategic partnership programmes.
- Tobias NittelSAS InstituteAlliance Director
Peter helped us to re-focus on the most important drivers for success in our alliances. With his structured approach and year-long experience, he was able to instill passion and clear direction.