Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Andrew Shipilov is an Associate Professor of Strategy and Akzo Nobel Fellow at INSEAD. At INSEAD, Prof. Shipilov teaches and directs executive education programs on competitive strategy, collaborative strategy and Blue Ocean Strategy.
Andrew recently he published his new book “Network Advantage”. The book explains why and how companies can seize the benefits from their business’ network of alliances with customers, suppliers and competitors.
In this conversation Andrew and I talk about alliance networks versus bi-lateral alliances and how companies can benefit from alliance networks.
When we discuss alliance networks many of us will at first think of networks where the partners have somehow a connection to each others. Andrew explains alliance networks also in other structures where companies can benefit from their network of alliances.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Network Advantage: How to Unlock Value From Your Alliances and Partnerships
- Build, Borrow, or Buy: Solving the Growth Dilemma
Connect with Andrew Shipilov:
Previously on The Collaborative Business Podcast:
- CBP-70: The final episode
- CBP-69: Alliances as a force multiplier – with Suniel Mande
- CBP-68: Alliance Networks with Andrew Shipilov
- CBP-67: Alliance Analytics with Bill Davidson
- CBP-66: Alliances in SAS with Pat Finerty