Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In today’s episode of the Collaborative Business Podcast I am sharing 3 main tips (and a few more) that are essential in establishing successful alliances.
The main tips I am diving into are:
- Start with why: Be clear on your reason for partnering; many companies just jump in a partnership due to an opportunistic approach or simply because they like each other and feel they need to do something together.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate; George Bernard Shaw once said “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”, and he has a point. Having clarity is one thing, but do maintain it. So, communicate and check your communication to ensure that what you meant to communicate, is properly understood.
- Ensure a three way value proposition; this is where it all starts. Without value proposition there will be no room for a healthy partnership. The value proposition needs to deliver value for the three parties involved: your partner, the customer and your own organization.
Tune into episode 27 to hear the full explanation of these tips and the few more I have added.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Simon Sinek – Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- 25 tips for successful partnerships & alliances
Subscribe to the Collaborative Business Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS
Subscribe via Stitcher
Click here to leave a review on iTunes
I greatly appreciate your effort to leave a review. These reviews on iTunes help spread the message and make more people aware of the power of collaboration! Thank you in advance for leaving one!
Previously on The Collaborative Business Podcast:
- CBP-70: The final episode
- CBP-69: Alliances as a force multiplier – with Suniel Mande
- CBP-68: Alliance Networks with Andrew Shipilov
- CBP-67: Alliance Analytics with Bill Davidson
- CBP-66: Alliances in SAS with Pat Finerty