Upon turning a light switch, the light bulb enlightens our spaces. For over a hundred years, this technology of light did not really change. However, in the last decade, a lot has changed in lighting. Light has changed from a simple switch on, switch off driven appliance to a technology-driven network. Nowadays with this connected light, you can change lights and their color easily from your phone.
How many years does it take to change a light bulb?
Recently, in a webinar, I was in conversation with Ivo Rutten, head of Alliances at Philips Lighting. The theme of our conversation was how alliances and ecosystems can facilitate a business transformation: in the case of Philips Lighting the transformation from a traditional light bulb based organization into a LED powerhouse.
What you will learn
In this webinar you will hear us talk about:
- The history of light
- The role of a non-copyable differentiator
- Why partnerships are needed to facilitate a transformation
- How a system of ecosystems extends the functionality for HUE
- Why both trust and contracts are important in creating strategic alliances
- Examples of other strategic alliances that fuel the growth of Philips Lighting
Watch the full webinar and learn what carefully crafted strategic alliances can do for a company.