Mike Burnette is the Founder and President of Partnership Source. He has over 20 years of partnership experience with a variety of business-to-consumer market segments. Mike developed the first partnership marketing department at Hearst Magazines and was also the first director of the partnership marketing program at Meredith Corporation. Partnership Source was founded in 2011 and brings brands together for collaborative marketing.
In my conversation with Mike, we explore the topic of partnership marketing and discover many similarities with other kinds of business to business collaboration. Mike explains how he acts as a matchmaker in partnership marketing and sometimes actually runs the partnership in an outsourced model for his customers.
Mike shares a great example of a multi-partner collaboration where 8 partners benefitted as part of a promotion between Myrtle Beach and Cable Vision.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Partnership Marketing: How to Grow Your Business and Transform Your Brand Through Smart Collaboration
- Power of 2: How to Make the Most of Your Partnerships at Work and in Life
Connect with Mike Burnette:
Subscribe to the Collaborative Business Podcast
Previously on The Collaborative Business Podcast:
- CBP-70: The final episode
- CBP-69: Alliances as a force multiplier – with Suniel Mande
- CBP-68: Alliance Networks with Andrew Shipilov
- CBP-67: Alliance Analytics with Bill Davidson
- CBP-66: Alliances in SAS with Pat Finerty